Thursday 11 September 2014

Meet our assistants!

This course we are going to have five language assistants like last year. I asked them for a pic and a few lines about themselves. You know Mike already, but the rest are new. Curious about them?

MIKE:

Hi! I'm Mike Brotherton, I'm from Manchester in England. I am returning to LGB for my second year because I enjoy teaching at the school and love living in Madrid. I am an English Literature graduate and have taught English in London, Manchester, Italy and Spain. In my spare time I enjoy travelling, reading and music. I can play the guitar and used to sing for a rock band in England. I also enjoy sport, especially football and hiking. 


JADE:


Hi everyone! 

My name is Jade and I'm going to be one of your English Language Assistants this school year! 

I am 22 years old, and I come from a town called Limavady in Northern Ireland (A country that is part of the UK). Two years ago I worked as an assistant in a primary school in Alcalá de Henares as part of my university year abroad, and this July I graduated from Queen's University Belfast with a degree in French and Spanish.

I love travelling, and speaking french and spanish is really useful for that reason! I love to visit different cities and countries and discover new cultures.  Spain is my favourite country (of course!), mainly because of its wonderful weather (it rains a lot in Ireland...) and the different traditions and customs in each town and city. 

In my free time I used to love watersports like waterskiing and wake boarding, but unfortunately last year I had a few knee operations and so now I like to go to the gym, relax and read!

I'm really excited to meet you all and I hope that we'll have a lot of fun this year!



KARLA:


Name:  Karla Padawer Solomon
Age:  23
From:  New York, USA
Degree:  Psychology
Favorites:
Book:  A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle
Song:  Scenes from an Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel
Hairdo:  Anything where my hair is not in my eyes
Color:  Purple . . . or blue . . . kind of both
Activity:  Writing
Phrase:  lo tengo en el bote
Place:  On top of any mountain where I can see a gorgeous view
Looking forward to:  meeting students, learning their stories, and engaging in a wonderful classroom experience with them.


Welcome to LGB! (The rest coming soon)

No comments: