Friday 13 January 2012

Shel Silverstein´s Poem (E1C)

Said the Toad to the Kangaroo,
"I can hop and so can you,
So if we marry we'll have a child
Who can jump a mountain or hop a mile
And we can call it a
Toadaroo"
Said the hopeful Toad to the Kangaroo.

Said the Kangaroo, "My dear,
What a perfectly lovely idea.
I would most gladly marry you,
But as for having a Toadaroo,
I'd rather we call it a Kangaroad
",
Said the Kangaroo to the frowning Toad.



That´s the beginning of the poem we saw in class. Remember to write an ending for Monday (use alliteration and rhyme). The best titles for the poem are:

-"Strange Lovers" (by Elena R.)
-"A complicated pair" (by Eva B.)
-"Toad vs Kangaroo (in Love)" (by Jorge O.)
-"Impossible name" (by Daniel P.)

-"The two frowning animals" (by Esther L.)

The title is "The Toad and the Kangaroo", not very original (I prefer yours!)

Don´t forget the legend presentation for Monday. Have a nice weekend!

No comments: